Independant Regional Consultant for Ambit Energy. Thomas Styles @ 972-768-9772.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Independant Regional Consultant for Ambit Energy. Thomas Styles @ 972-768-9772.

You can find me at www.nenosplace.com as Neno. I just use this forum for holding information. Thank You

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What has changed in electric and natural gas service with deregulatin?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Debbie Burrell
Ambit Energy Consultant
Ambit Energy Consultant

What has changed in electric and natural gas service with deregulatin? Empty
PostSubject: What has changed in electric and natural gas service with deregulatin?   What has changed in electric and natural gas service with deregulatin? EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 9:21 am

Ambit Energy - FAQ

The way consumers choose energy providers is changing, and even though competition is a good thing, it can be confusing. These are some of the most frequently asked questions we get from consumers who are considering Ambit Energy.

What has changed in electric and natural gas service with deregulation?

You can now choose to buy residential energy from a different supplier than the original provider for your area. These companies are called Retail Electric Providers (REP) in Texas, Energy Service Companies (ESCO) in New York, and Alternative Gas Suppliers (AGS) in Illinois.

How does Ambit Energy reduce my monthly bills?

Deregulation allows REPs, ESCOs, and AGSs - like Ambit Energy - to buy energy wholesale from competitive providers and pass the savings along to customers.

If I switch, where will my power come from?

Your current electric utility or Local Wires Company will continue to deliver your electricity. Your power will come from a regional power pool that includes energy from traditional power plants and other sources like wind, water, sun and natural gas. Your Local Distribution Company will continue to deliver your natural gas.

Will the reliability of my residential energy service change with deregulation?

No. No matter which retail supplier you choose, power will continue to be delivered safely and reliably by a company still regulated by the utility commission or agency of your state.

What happens if I have an emergency or power outage?

Because your local utility is still responsible for maintenance and repair, you will call these regulated firms in the event of an emergency or outage at the number provided on your bill.

Does everyone have the power to choose their energy supplier?

No. City-owned utilities and member-owned electric and/or natural gas cooperatives have the option of giving their customers a choice of providers, or keeping things the way they are today.

What happens if my Retail Electric Provider (REP), Energy Service Company (ESCO) or Alternative Gas Supplier (AGS) goes out of business?

You will not be without energy. You should receive a notice from your retail provider giving you time to select a new provider. If not, your service will revert to your previous provider or a provider designated by the state utilities agency. Rest assured, Ambit Energy is financially solid and in no danger of going out of business.
Back to top Go down

What has changed in electric and natural gas service with deregulatin?
Page 1 of 1